Sign in with
Your question

Stuck at "Starting Windows" screen sometimes

Last response: in Windows 7
June 6, 2010 3:46:37 AM

Sometimes, my computer gets stuck on the Starting Windows screen. It's Windows 7 Ultimate, and I'm wondering two things:

1. Why is it happening? (I believe there are a multitude of reasons, so if you have any specific questions, let me know
2. Is there a way to fix it? If I restore will it remove the problem?

Thanks in advance.
a b $ Windows 7
June 6, 2010 9:26:45 AM

since it's sometimes, first, run a registry cleaner, I use EFRC, (Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, it's free) and I have never had problems with it, someone will suggest CC Cleaner, I have had problems withit so do so at your own risk, then Open an command prompt (All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator" ), in the cmd prompt type sfc /scannow and see what it says, then let us know if you need more help
m
l
June 6, 2010 9:26:26 PM

Run disk scan.
m
l
Related resources
June 9, 2010 9:38:11 PM

Late response but when I have free time this weekend I will do it and get back to you guys. Thank you for quick replies
m
l
June 30, 2010 4:13:10 PM

Registry does not work (I've had CCleaner since day one)

The disk scan didn't work because it took like an hour to scan my drives, and once it was done, it just "froze" at a black screen again.

The command prompt scan thing did not work as well..
m
l
July 16, 2010 7:35:45 PM

I would like to isolate the problem here.. does anyone have any suggestion for what is wrong or any way for me to show you guys or something?

Anyone?
m
l
November 10, 2010 5:24:48 PM

number13 said:
since it's sometimes, first, run a registry cleaner, I use EFRC, (Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, it's free) and I have never had problems with it, someone will suggest CC Cleaner, I have had problems withit so do so at your own risk, then Open an command prompt (All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator" ), in the cmd prompt type sfc /scannow and see what it says, then let us know if you need more help

So I am having same sort of problem, what does the command you are talking about tell you
I am scanning now with registry program
m
l
!