MN 500 - Installer was interupted before complete - retry

"Installer was interupted before complete - retry"

Installing to OS XP-Pro - Athlon XP2000 -this is the
message displayed. No installation occurs. I am
installing using the CD. Tried the download with same
results. Need some constructive advise.

Thanks,
Jugghead.

email - jugghead@rogers.com

You should use the downloaded version, which is updated to XP SP2 specs.
Make sure (especially if you're running anything Norton or Symantec) to
disable your anti-virus program and close any open programs. Symantec
products and ZoneAlarm's firewall don't quit when you "exit" them from the
Systray icon. They continue to run underneath where you can't see them.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"jugghead" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Installer was interupted before complete - retry"
>
> Installing to OS XP-Pro - Athlon XP2000 -this is the
> message displayed. No installation occurs. I am
> installing using the CD. Tried the download with same
> results. Need some constructive advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Jugghead.
>
> email - jugghead@rogers.com

Hi,

thanks for the words, unfortunately the problem remains.
No virus software is running (taskmanager) The download
installer quits with the same message "installer was
interupted" try again; during the install the first
progress bar completes but the second progress bar goes
within 1 millimeter of the end then after a few seconds,
it rolls back and nothing is installed. Any other ways to
get the software installed???

Jugghead.

I'd try redownloading the update. Perhaps you got a bad download.
--

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the words, unfortunately the problem remains.
> No virus software is running (taskmanager) The download
> installer quits with the same message "installer was
> interupted" try again; during the install the first
> progress bar completes but the second progress bar goes
> within 1 millimeter of the end then after a few seconds,
> it rolls back and nothing is installed. Any other ways to
> get the software installed???
>
> Jugghead.

TRENDING THREADS