Sign in with
Your question

Context Menu

Last response: in Windows 7
June 6, 2010 5:44:03 AM

I did this in Vista:
Dragged the Recycle Bin from the Desktop to the Orb (Start) menu & removed it from my desktop. When I R-clicked the Recycle Bin, it gave me the choice: Empty Recycle Bin.

Now I have 7 & did the same thing, but the choice: Empty Recycle Bin is not there. All I get is: Open, Properties & Remove From This List. How do I get the Empty Recycle Bin choice back?

More about : context menu

June 6, 2010 6:27:39 PM

I tried creating a Recycle bin shortcut and dragging it to the Orb, that didn't work either. Work-around: Cut & paste the Recycle bin shortcut into one of the "All Programs" folders and you will have all the context options available. The folder can be renamed, just delete whats in it. Or install something irrelevant to get a folder, re-name the folder and uninstall the software.
m
l
June 7, 2010 3:18:27 AM

Your work-around did work, but I would like it the way I had it in Vista. I even went through the Registry (as both Admin. & Standard) & after I had to take permission from TrustedInstaller (this TrustedInstaller crap is pissing me off) I STILL could not add the Empty Recycle Bin choice. Why must Microsoft always piss off it's customers!?!
m
l
Related resources
June 7, 2010 4:40:52 AM

A better work-around......Cut & Paste the Recycle-bin short-cut into the path below. If I can figure out how to do it exactly the way you want I'll post back.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
m
l
June 7, 2010 2:16:51 PM

The Cut & Paste Recycle-Bin short-cut into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu method works fine, but not exactly what I am looking for. I like the Recycle-Bin Pinned to the top of my Orb & have the context menu available from there, no opening the All Programs menu. I wish I could post a screenshot here.
m
l
June 7, 2010 2:29:50 PM

I know exactly what you want just wasn't able to do it. I tried several methods including creating a reg file and taking permission of the registry key in order to export it. After rebooting the Recycle bin was pinned to the start menu but didn't have the context menu options, sorry.
m
l
June 7, 2010 7:16:53 PM

No apology necessary, been trying different methods myself w/o any luck as to what I'd specifically like. Thanks for the help. Only thing that seems to work best is:

1. Drag the Recycle Bin from Desktop to Orb & Pin it.
2. Use a regedit to add Empty Recycle Bin to desktop Context Menu

Regedit I used is below:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\empty]
"CommandStateHandler"="{c9298eef-69dd-4cdd-b153-bdbc38486781}"
"Description"="@shell32.dll,-31332"
"Icon"="shell32.dll,-254"
"MUIVerb"="@shell32.dll,-10564"
"Position"="Bottom"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\empty\command]
"DelegateExecute"="{48527bb3-e8de-450b-8910-8c4099cb8624}"

You can remove "Position"="Bottom" if you'd like the selection placed higher in the menu.
m
l
!