2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Doesn't matter much, but a little on the big side would be alright
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't matter too much
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable would be best
5. How much battery life do you need?
Doesn't matter too much but the longer the better
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I'm looking to buy this laptop mostly for playing The Sims 3 on Medium to High settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Not much, occasionally some web browsing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 7 GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Anywhere really, but it would be best if they stocked the laptop in stores, though not necessary.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 5 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
As long as it works well and can run The Sims 3 well, I don't really mind much.
Thank you, however ts3 requires at least a 2.4 ghz processor, and I'm not sure if A4-3300M meets that standard? Also, graphics aren't a huge deal for me, so I think as long as the graphics card can run the game on medium settings pretty well, I'll be alright, so I'm leaning towards the Gateway. However, I have more than a month to decide, so perhaps I'll change my mind soon.
Oh, I see now, so the AMD A4-3300M has a dual core, correct? Hm, so would you say there is a big difference between the second and third computers you linked? Because the third one looks like a great bargain and I think I might go with that one. Again, thank you so much for your help.
here is a comparison of laptop CPUs/APUs with a few desktop CPUs included for comparison: Big List of Mobile Processors (CPU Benchmarks)
Way down @ #417 is an old P4 Pentium 3.0Ghz CPU that's a higher end CPU than mentioned in the Sims3 Sys Reqmts.
#225 AMD A4-3300 APU
#130 AMD A8-3500 APU
#47 Intel Core i5-2410M
That's the only time I can confirm that price would be good.
But you can generally expect to find holiday deals in the general vicinity.
If I were to guess I'd think you could probably get one with similar specs for under $500 sometime during the holiday period (or right after).