tlgas1

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
I have just aquired a used compaqpro and would like to know if I can upgrade the Pentium ll 400 mhz 100 with MMx Technologies CPU part #328619-002 on this motherboard part #178919-001. And if so with which Pentium. Please be specific as I am very new to computer upgrading and I don't want to mess this one up. Could I go with a faster Pentium ll or even a Pentium lll. And do I need to purchase a new heatsink with it. Thank you in advance for all your help or input. tlgas1

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I don't think anyone here can answer that. All I can tell you is that if your board supports any Coppermine processors, it will at least support all with your bus speed. If it doesn't support one Coppermine core processor, it won't support any.

My recommendation is to get a Powerleap IP3/T adapter (a Tualatin adapter with onboard voltage regulation) and a cheap Tualatin Celeron. You can buy a kit from Powerleap, or you can buy the adapter alone from me.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>