help, need to order new system in 3 days!!

Ok, I talked to a relaitve today and they told me they need a system and they wanted to buy mine for a good price so I figured why not, free upgrades :)

So here's the thing, I need some mobo recommends, a good p4 recommend (will be oc'd for SURE) and a HSF recommend as well as some meory modules.

I just did some research on the various chipsets and I would like a mobo that will support future H/T chips from intel.

I want a budget system for strict overclocking. I already have the Sound card (midiman audiophile 2496) and videocard (ti4200, 64 megger)

CPU - ?
Mobo - ? (need usb 2.0, possibly firewire, and LOTS of overclocking features like pci/agp indpendant settings , my audio card DOESNT like a faster PCI bus)
Cooler for p4 - ?
Ram module for recommended mobo - ??

Thanks for any help, im not totally up to date and I just want a p4 system that will be stable and well performing under an overclock.

all help is greatly appreciated!
2 answers Last reply
More about help order system days
  1. Check out Tom's review of Intel 845 pe boards. The asus p4pe was top rated. I'm running my 2.4b at close to 2800 with the stock Intel heatsink. I would use one stick of 512 megs samsung pc2700, unless you want to spend more for pc3200 or 3500. I would also check the website of the board you get for recommended brands.
  2. CPU: Get P4AB (533MHz BUS).
    MEM: Corsair XMS CL2 PC2700/PC3000.
    COOLER: Stock from Intel.
    COOLER for OVERCLOCK: Cooler Master w/ heat pipe, Alpha 8942, Swiftech MCX4000/MCX462+, (AVC have a good cooler too but I don't remember the name). And Tt Smart fan II.
    MOBO: Asus P4PE or Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Product