About 5 months ago I put together a system with a asus a7v333 and a xp1900(not oc),the other day it shut down on me because of my mobo cpu overheating protection so i checked the temps and found my cpu is 65C idle and 74-77C gaming.Any suggestions on cooling it down.
- use Motherboard Monitor to know better your temps. Asus probe is known to give you wrong values.
- what is your temp room? Don't tell me it's over 25º ... Hotter rooms make air for cooling less efficient.
- undervolt your CPU: I'm not joking, I have a XP1700+ running 0.1v under specifications, no problems at all, just check stability.
- clean the HSF: dust makes your HSF less efficient.
- are you using Artic Silver 3 or similar? It can help a lot. Remeber to clean your HSF and CPU before put thermal paste.
- Better airflow: from rounded cables to and exhaust fan on the top back of your case.
Any additional information will help giving you advice.
Still looking for a <b>good online retailer</b> in Spain :frown:
check your system flow air
check the vcore of your prosessor
Check if there is set to normal condition or not
Update your bios or flash it
check the supply power
Periksa pengetes suhu atau
check your test temperature it maybe wrong on your mobo
Hi, I did the same sorta but with a 2200, at any rate though same problem until new bios and made sure all drivers and such are latest and up to date....also adding a Thermaltake Volcano7+ wouldnt hurt a bit. It`s noisy but works great...and also has settings to lower speed and quiets down alot if you do so.Good luck in your computing