There are a lot of these threads floating about and mine's not too different. I'm looking for a new gaming laptop, but my budget is pretty limited. Max settings isn't a problem for me really: I just want to play the games. I'm a total no_0b when it comes to graphics cards in particular, so if any of you guys could help me, it'd be great.
1. What is your budget?
NZ$1800, no higher. This is around US$1360.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Not an issue.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1366x768 I've heard is pretty average, but once again: not an issue.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
I'll be playing with it plugged in almost all the time. In fact, the only time I won't is during a power failure.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Dragon Age 2
CoD: MW3, amongst others.
Medium or High would be nice but I'll settle for low. (I'm pretty desperate).
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Browsing the internet, mainly. I might also use it to type word documents/make ppts.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
640GB will do.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. http://www.lenovo.com -I've heard good things about their ThinkPads.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 odd years, but I don't need to be able to play 2015 games on this machine.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm not picky, but I prefer the bigger brands such as HP, Dell, Acer etc.