Need help - couple of questions

Greg211

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
Hello, I posted a note a while back (tks holy), but no one-answered my questions. So I just thought id ask again...(sorry guys am really new, they proboly sound pretty dumb)

1)I am confused, nvidia n-force 2 based motherboards, for AMD... You can run ATI video cards on them? I use Nvidia neforce2 graphics drivers for a ATI card? As opposed to ATI drivers. Or do I use them both?

2) Certain motherboards like Asus A7N8X (the board I plan to buy) have Audio/Lan listed in description. Does this mean I don't need to buy a audio card or ethernet card? If so, do I lose a lot of performance?

3) Ethernet Cards, do they defer in speed or are they all the same?

Thanks, Greg.

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
yes you can run ati video cards on an n-force 2
no you can't use nvidia drivers for an ati card, you use the drivers that come on the cd (or download the most recent ones from the website)
and onboard audio should be good unless you're especially into sound. i'm running the c-media onboard sound right now on my asus board and it runs 3d sound and all of that just fine for games.
and while certain lan cards can handle huge bandwidths, are you gonna be on anything bigger than 10base-T or 100base-T?
if you don't know the answer, then you're probably not, the onboard lan will do just fine (it is capable of both of these).
also, for future reference, put a more informative title on your post than just "i have a question" or something. a more specific title will generate more interest

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>