Harris2508

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
I, like many, I suppose, wonder about the heat in the CPU. Motherboard Monitor gives a very good idea of what the temp is. When I'm running intense applications, the CPU temp may get up to 53, 54, even 55 degrees C. With low use, the CPU runs about 34 degrees C. The motherboard temp, on the other hand is about 23 degrees C. The Intel web site only talks about the temp of the air coming onto the CPU heatsink. I haven't seen anything about the temp of the CPU itself.

Is there a max temp that should not be exceeded? The CPU in question here is a P4 3.06 HT. It does seem to run warmer than its predicessor.

Thanks a lot for any clarifications.

Sincerely,

Bob Harris

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
that cpu runs a LOT hotter than the other ones (it puts out 84 watts if i'm not mistaken??), your cpu temps are fine, above 60 and i'd definitely do something (even though intel probably says the max temp is somewhere around 75, it'd make me feel better)
again though, your temps are fine, and it's normal for that cpu to be running a lot hotter than what you had before, it's the hottest one they make

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>

Harris2508

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
Thanks a lot for that input, it's really appreciated. I have the bad habit of thinking how I'd feel at 51 C (123 F), and I would not like it. On the other hand, I'm not constructed out of melted rock!

Happy Holidays!

--Bob