Sign in with
Your question

wow!

Last response: in CPUs
December 15, 2002 5:08:02 AM

Well it's finally up and running, and I didn't even run into one problem...not even a minor one. Athlon xp 2700, asus a7n8x, 512 corsair 3200 (its running in sync though), msi gf4 4200, wd 80 gig 8mb cache, thermaltake xaser II case(the black one with big window), volcano 7+ (cpu temp runs about 33-34C when idling with fanspeed set to low.

Thanks to all who contribued their opinions and knowledge, this thing is smokin. 12,244 3dmark2001se... and remember thats only with a 4200. Nothing is oc'ed, at least not yet :) .

- - - -
Kill a man and you're a murderer;
Kill many and you're a conquerer;
Kill 'em all and you're a god.

More about : wow

December 15, 2002 5:40:48 AM

OMG, that system is sweet!!! You've obviously been listening to the good information provided here by Tom's Hardware. Congrats! :wink:

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>
December 15, 2002 5:45:06 AM

Congrats on your system.....on Monday I'll find out if I can put <b>my</b> system together.

<font color=blue>
--------------------------------------------------
Guns kill people just like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
<font color=blue>
Related resources
December 15, 2002 8:08:43 AM

good job. :smile:

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol:  </b>
December 15, 2002 10:13:50 AM

12.244?

I got something about 12.600 points on my P4 2.4GHz with DDR 2700 and a GF4 Ti4200. There must be something wrong with your system, an XP 2700+ should perform better than that according to the PR number... or is that rating now that flawed?
December 15, 2002 5:20:43 PM

Quote:
12.244?

I got something about 12.600 points on my P4 2.4GHz with DDR 2700 and a GF4 Ti4200. There must be something wrong with your system, an XP 2700+ should perform better than that according to the PR number... or is that rating now that flawed?

?

a b à CPUs
December 16, 2002 11:15:15 AM

The rating always has been inaccurate, but not necessarily high or low-different processors yield various results in different benchmarks, falling short in some and excelling in others.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
December 16, 2002 12:19:12 PM

I hear anti-AMD. Don't forget that individual performance varies. Also did you think about the resolution it ran in or the type of geforce 4 ti 4200 you have? If you have the 64mb version and he has the 128 mb version than yours will be faster due to the higher clock rate until you get into massive textures.
December 16, 2002 10:45:17 PM

Well I didn't have any problems on the initial boot up, but I have an extremely annoying one now. I have an Athlon XP 2700+ that runs at 166*13. It was running at that speed for 2 days. Then today I installed by 48-24-48 LiteOn burner. And after connecting the cables and configuring master/slave etc. I boot up and it says cpu failed due to overclocking, so I look and the BIOS and nothing is wrong its 166*13. So I leave it at that and then restart. Same thing, I get the voice response telling me it won't work due to oc'ing and i get a msg in the POST info that says the same thing. I enter the bios again and change it to 133*13 and it works fine, but I'm running as an Athlon XP 2100. I have no clue how to fix it, the help of THGC will be appreciated.

- - - -
a b à CPUs
December 16, 2002 11:46:39 PM

Ah, well, board manufacturers are using that as a generic "boot failure" warning these days and it rarely has anything to do with overclocking. It could be a power problem.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
December 16, 2002 11:47:49 PM

What? A problem with an nforce2 system? I thought they were God's ultimate gift to the world of PCs.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks."
December 17, 2002 12:27:00 AM

Well, its working now...don't think it was power (420watt), only one HD.

- - - -
December 17, 2002 4:10:03 PM

"What? A problem with an nforce2 system? I thought they were God's ultimate gift to the world of PCs."

yeah but it was a great deal. well if you don't value your time.
December 17, 2002 4:23:17 PM

Edited out.

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by halkebul on 12/17/02 03:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
December 17, 2002 5:54:19 PM

<<<It's obvious from this and your other posts that you don't know what you're talking about. Will somebody bet THIS TROLL OUT OF OUR FORUM!?!?!>>>

obvious huh? i guarantee i know more than you.
December 17, 2002 6:03:11 PM

Quote:
obvious huh? i guarantee i know more than you.

I'm aware you have knowledge. You've made some very good points. But, could you disagree with a little more politeness. We get lots of trouble makers in this forum ever so often and you have shown by your response that you are not one of them. I'm sorry if I offended you in my original post and will edit it out.

December 17, 2002 6:36:10 PM

i'm not trying to make trouble i just come from a different side then most people here. although i do come across in a sarcastic why its not meant to start a war and so far it hasn't. i really don't post here that much anyway... i prefered the old thg forum and delphi.
December 17, 2002 6:52:42 PM

Quote:
i'm not trying to make trouble i just come from a different side then most people here. although i do come across in a sarcastic why its not meant to start a war and so far it hasn't. i really don't post here that much anyway... i prefered the old thg forum and delphi

Points well taken. I misjudged you. An error on my part. You are indeed a true gentelmen. Best regards, halkebul! :wink:

Related resources
!