Need help with programs not running correctly

Reaper_Boy2010

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
When i try to open my zune software and mozilla and my adobe programs it seems like they cannot access the files they need to work properly. I was messing around with share files with my laptop and i think i screwed something up. They all give me an error message on how to fix each individual program but i know there is something bigger that i need to fix.
Zune gives me this error: Zune needs to close. For instructions on correcting this error, open the URL below in a we browser.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=126687
Adobe just gives me a crash error
Firefox gives me this: Could not initialize the application's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your application's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the application and fix the problem. If you continue to use this session, you might see incorrect application behaviour when accessing security features.

how do i fix this?

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
try this, open an command prompt (All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator" ), in the cmd prompt type sfc /scannow, see what happens and let us know how it goes, and you can always restore the computer to a earlier time which is easy to do

Reaper_Boy2010

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
thanks for the fast reply. I already ran that and it said everything was fine. I dont think i can restore to an earlier time because i am kind of an idiot and did not set that up... once this is fixed that will be the first thing i do.

EDIT: should i run this system restore program that restores recent system changes?

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
the system makes restore points along the way, even if you don't, so you maybe in luck there, if you want to make a restore point, go to, Control Panel, System on the left side click on System Protection, when the System Properties box opens the second form the bottom is Create a Restore Point