wixx

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2003
Acer Aspire 1700 series
I recently came upon one of these while being stationed in Kuwait (fell off the back of a stopped truck ), and was wondering what is the upgrade potential on this beast. This thing is freakin huge, but the model that I have here has built in Sis 650 (I think), but I already know that will never do for gaiming. I was wondering if this laptop has any upgrade potential as far as video, because it seems to be one of those P4 machines, shoehorned into a notebook form factor. Anyone could give me any insight on who may be the original manufacturer of this machine, or anything at all actually. as far as specs, you can find them here:

http://www.acer.co.uk/acereuro/page9.do?dau34.oid=2435&UserCtxParam=0&GroupCtxParam=0&dctx1=17&ctx1=UK&crc=3181598667

The way they offer so many identical configs, makes me think that an upgrade is possible. But then again I have no clue. Thanks in advance guys.

toxicogen

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
I've heard that the processor is upgradeable, mabye the grafics to, have you sent them an email?
They take a while to respond but they're helpful.

Life's a joke and so am I

RaPTuRe

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2001
Processor - Probably (Most likely in fact)
Graphics card - No. Definitely the SIS 650 (or any notebook SIS chipset for that matter) is integrated. Sorry.

RaPTuRe

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?