Looking for fast laptop for web/email.

Hi -

I'm looking to get my parents a fast laptop for web browsing / email for Christmas. I've settled on this (HP ProBook 4530s) with the intentions of throwing a 120gb OCZ agility 3 SSD in there. Any other laptops you could reccomend? This seems like an excellent value laptop and would really be quite fast with an SSD in there. Would appreciate your opinions.

Thanks for the input!
7 answers Last reply
More about looking fast laptop email
  1. Quote:
    what's your budget??

400-600$, really just want the fastest laptop possible for everyday use.
  2. yeah, looks like a fine laptop
  3. Excellent, will most likely get this one, glad no one has thrown any red flags up yet!
  4. you could probably find a cheaper laptop with the same specs in a day or two, since that one has been that price for a while now. Also it has a 7200rpm in it, which would be wasted when buying if you're going to just put an ssd in it.
  5. jonbeas said:
    you could probably find a cheaper laptop with the same specs in a day or two, since that one has been that price for a while now. Also it has a 7200rpm in it, which would be wasted when buying if you're going to just put an ssd in it.

Any particular laptops in mind that are cheaper with similar specs? And I would most likely try and use the 7200rpm for storage in my desktop tower.
  6. Not at the moment. There was some good deals, but they sold out quickly. tomorrow through Monday some good deals will pop up that will be better.
  7. http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/load_configuration.do?aoid=35252&config_id=6835003&destination=review

Coupon SHOPNOW for 489.99 with an i5-2430 and an led display

There will be some better deals tomorrow
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Email Product