1. What is your budget?
600-700$ can go a little higher if it will make a big difference.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Best possible at this price range.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Least a few hours. Not too important as I will usually have it plugged in.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Want to be able to play SC2, Left 4 dead 2, MW3, BF3 and in the future Diablo 3. Hope to be able to play in medium settings at least but low will be okay as long as it runs smoothly.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Watch movies, download stuff, surf the web, webcam would be a plus.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
newegg.com , tigerdirect.com , pretty much any reliable site
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I am just looking for a laptop to play games at my friends house and school work. I already have a gaming desktop at home so I will only be using this laptop when I am on the go. Also a back light for the keyboard is a must for me.
Have you guys heard of any great Black Friday deals on gaming laptops?