MN-700 Wireless router on my laptop drops connection...

Hi,

I have a MN-700 Wireless router connecting my laptop to my
desktop (base). Every now and again, the wireless card on
the laptop drops the connection. I cannot even see the
base in the list of available connections. Why doe this
happen? (The base computer - desktop - continues to work
fine).

Someone suggested it is picking up interference from say a
microwave etc and that I should change the chanel.
I am not sure how to do that. Any suggestions would be
helpful.
Note this happens maybe one or twice every other day. This
does not happen every couple of minutes, although when it
goes out, it may take 5-15 minutes for the signal to
restore and I can see the base in the list.

Hope you can help.

You would change the channel, not only on the base station itself, but on
the laptop. Go into 192.168.2.1 in your browser, and in the setup of the
base station you will see where to select the channel. I'd suggest you
change from the default 6 to perhaps 1 or 11. If someone nearby is running
a base station as on default, and also using the default networking name,
you can be having the issue.

You can find step-by-step details in the User's Guide, Chapter 3, "custom
setup."
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC