Sign in with
Your question

amd 2200 shows 1500??

Last response: in CPUs
December 23, 2002 12:29:36 AM

Help I just insalled an AMD xp 2200+ on KT4 Ultra MB and it shows in the system as 1500! What the *&^% is goin on any answers!!

More about : amd 2200 shows 1500

Related resources
December 23, 2002 1:32:01 AM

Thank you GOD Spitfire_86 it worked !!I swear it didn't say it in the manual.
December 23, 2002 5:44:08 AM

Ha ha.......I just went through this last night, thought I was ripped off or losing it! I know your relief and can identify with how happy you were to find this out
December 23, 2002 3:28:39 PM

What in the world?
The motherboard itself does not say that?
What about the CPU instruction booklet?
I'd be very surprised if none of these two show that.

--
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&..." target="_new">The THGC Photo Album, send your pics and see others'!</A>
December 23, 2002 7:23:33 PM

Actually Eden, I just built-up a system a couple of weeks ago with that MSI KT4, with not-very-impressed results by the way, and the booklet doesn't say the FSB settings, since the board is good for a Duron or an Athlon (I guess). The instruction manual that comes with MSI boards lacks technical info.. mind you, thats up to the builder to get. Still... couldn't help but get a laugh in... XP2200 running at 1.5... hehehehe
December 23, 2002 7:30:19 PM

Still, if one is building a computer they should be aware of the fsb for their processor. Although we are all prone to oversight now and again.

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>
December 23, 2002 10:44:58 PM

I had the same problem when I came back with my XP 1900+ on MSI KT3 Ultra 2. It was XP 1200MHz instead of 1600MHz for 1900+. I didn't bother to look in the manual, but go directly to BIOS and set the FSB from 100MHz to 133MHz. I wonder why the Motherboard BIOS doesn't have the auto detection function. I remember in the days of BX chipset, most motherboard could detect PII or Celeron CPU and set the FSB to 100MHz or 66MHz correctly.
December 23, 2002 11:32:25 PM

How can people still be making this same mistake over and over and over again??

Fish are never really alive. They're just less dead.
December 24, 2002 3:44:54 AM

Ouch, the best chipset of 2002... tough choice, so many to chose from... and how to base such a decision..? Performance, technological influence, personal prefference... Well, I answered your poll with the "NForce 2" (common, 333FSB & Dual DDR) though I can't complain about the VIA KT333 (hell, I've got an MSI KT3Ultra), except for a couple of little things, its still my favorite. Mind you, performance speaks novels... Though my heart stays with VIA, my glutony directs me towards NVidia's ...

Staggering out of the shower this morning, I hear the hair-dryer. "Whose awake?" I think... Till I realize its my computer - talk about a windtunnel
December 24, 2002 3:57:56 AM

they dont usually.
Its new people making the same old mistake.
Not that there are atleast 2 posts about the 100/133 FSB issue in this forum right now.

Every mobo manula ive read has stated that durons/athlonB's use 100, everything else 133.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol:  </b>
December 25, 2002 8:37:39 PM

Exactly, when I did it I wasn't aware of the problem until I downloaded cpwin and sisoft....see everything was new (mother board and such)...so I was not even familiar with mobo bios.......I panicked before investigating...next time I will come here first before beginning the RMA and complaint thing (which I canceled and apologized for). I am totally grateful that the community straightened me out on this.
December 25, 2002 10:11:29 PM

nods.
as soon as they get rid of the 100fsb duron the betta... though having your computer left set at 100 instead of 133 is solely the fault of whoever put it together. If you get it from a computer store like that i consider that pretty bad form!

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol:  </b>
!