Max Payne 3 Announced... Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
They better not pull a Fallout 3, and just make a Total Conversion mod for GTA4. Max Payne as an Open World game just wouldn't work like the first 2. While Open World games are great for some applications, when you want to control a tight and time sensitive story an Open World can take you out of the experience.

And I hope they go back to the way Max Looked originally. Max in the second game look like Ted Danson.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
"Max Payne 3 Announced... Finally!"
Two words...HELL YEAH!!

"While Remedy is still working on Alan Wake, Take-Two Interactive is passing the license onto Rockstar Games to make Max Payne 3"
One word...******

hairycat101

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
[citation][nom]glowingblueballs[/nom]Why does this new Max Payne look like Arab terrorist??[/citation]

That is an interseting point, but what I want to know is why he looks so different with every game. Kind of reminds me of the "Vacation" movies where the kids completely change in every movie.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]glowingblueballs[/nom]Why does this new Max Payne look like Arab terrorist??[/citation]
[citation][nom]hairycat101[/nom]That is an interseting point, but what I want to know is why he looks so different with every game. Kind of reminds me of the "Vacation" movies where the kids completely change in every movie.[/citation]
I don't think that's Max, I believe it's just a random stock photo Yam thought would make sense to include in the article.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
o man max payne had to be one of the first 3-d games that i played on pc that didn't look like vomit [aka doom]

why do i think i will be dissappointed by this?

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Because they can or will fuck up a great story/concept ?

Shiny graphics can take you so far. The list of games proving this is endless.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]They better not pull a Fallout 3, and just make a Total Conversion mod for GTA4. Max Payne as an Open World game just wouldn't work like the first 2. While Open World games are great for some applications, when you want to control a tight and time sensitive story an Open World can take you out of the experience.And I hope they go back to the way Max Looked originally. Max in the second game look like Ted Danson.[/citation]
Totally agree. The 2nd Max looks like someone from NYPD blue and not Mad Max. In addition, Mona went from Italian bad girl to Russian assassin; brunette to blonde.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I've got to get that game! I hope it isn't like the movie - which really is so bad I'd rather forget I'd ever seen it.

Just the other day I dug up my old max payne cd's again and reinstalled the game. I've played max 2 thru like 5 times or so. I just love that story telling style. I've never seen the alternative ending though. The hardest mode is just too hard for me.

Since it's rockstar though, I bet what we can expect is wierd physics, hidden rooms with sexuality, a high price tag, and poor support.

Please prove me wrong! But remedy just make games in a better quality! Driver was great, max payne was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.