Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[redemption] Sick unto Death

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 7:11:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

I was looking at this card (3rd ed - Decrease one Hero in play by 5/5
until end of turn.)and noticed it was a little different than other
decrease cards. It says "until end of turn." Does this mean if I direct
the ability to a 4/4 Hero not in the battle it will not kill the 4/4 Hero?
This is what the card appears to mean (Sick UNTO not to).
William

More about : redemption sick death

Anonymous
May 4, 2004 2:40:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

"OurGodlivz" <OurGodlivz@idci-usa.com> wrote in message
news:c765uq$nvu$1@newsreader.mailgate.org...
> I was looking at this card (3rd ed - Decrease one Hero in play by 5/5
> until end of turn.)and noticed it was a little different than other
> decrease cards. It says "until end of turn." Does this mean if I direct
> the ability to a 4/4 Hero not in the battle it will not kill the 4/4 Hero?
> This is what the card appears to mean (Sick UNTO not to).
> William

I seem to remember reading that characters which are decreased a numerical
amount (like 5/5) are discarded at the end of the battle unless the card
says otherwise (i.e., Hunger says to d/c Heroes at */0 or less immediately).
So, when the end of the battle comes around (before the end of the turn), if
the Sick Unto Death Hero is */0 or less, he is discarded.

Arigato,
Gamer X
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 3:00:19 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

Hey,

<Wrote Mike>
The phrase "until end of turn" is most likely added because the card is in
the starter deck. As an aid to new players who may be familiar with other
games that treat ability changes as permanent.

<Writes Nobody>
I seriously hope you are wrong. Cards should not be worded differently
because they are in starter decks. If there is confusion about that type of
ability it should be clerified for new players in the rulebook, not on the
card.

Tschow,

Sir Nobody, WildCard Secretary of Defense
www.freewebs.com/redemptionne
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 2:24:11 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

"Sir Nobody" <nobodyishome1@juno.com> wrote in message news:<c79orn$tut$1@newsreader.mailgate.org>...
> Hey,
>
> <Wrote Mike>
> The phrase "until end of turn" is most likely added because the card is in
> the starter deck. As an aid to new players who may be familiar with other
> games that treat ability changes as permanent.
>
> <Writes Nobody>
> I seriously hope you are wrong. Cards should not be worded differently
> because they are in starter decks. If there is confusion about that type of
> ability it should be clerified for new players in the rulebook, not on the
> card.
>
> Tschow,
>
> Sir Nobody, WildCard Secretary of Defense
> www.freewebs.com/redemptionne

I think it's just written that way for the sake of clarity.
Redemption Lawyers have repeatedly demonstrated that thorough wording
minimizes the number of circular ruling arguments.
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 5:49:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

Hey,

> I think it's just written that way for the sake of clarity.
> Redemption Lawyers have repeatedly demonstrated that thorough wording
> minimizes the number of circular ruling arguments.

As the president of the Society of Redemption Lawyers, I disagree with that
statement. I believe that the best way to have clarity with regards to
rulings is if the wording of cards is consistent. It doesn't matter how
thorough it is if it is the same as some other card that I know how to play.

Tschow,

Sir Nobody
Anonymous
May 9, 2004 3:49:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

> I was looking at this card (3rd ed - Decrease one Hero in play by 5/5
> until end of turn.)and noticed it was a little different than other
> decrease cards. It says "until end of turn." Does this mean if I direct
> the ability to a 4/4 Hero not in the battle it will not kill the 4/4 Hero?
> This is what the card appears to mean (Sick UNTO not to).

All special abilities last only until the end of the battle, unless
specified otherwise. If I decrease a 7/4 hero IN BATTLE by 4/4, then
the hero is permitted to play enhancements to have a chance to win the
battle. If a hero survives that battle, the hero returns to
territory.

HERE IS WHERE THE ADDED ABILITY KICKS IN:

If the decrease only lasts until the end of the battle, then the 7/4
hero is a 7/4 hero when it returns to territory.

If the decrease lasts until the end of TURN, then the 7/4 hero is only
a 3/0 hero, and it is discarded when it returns to territory.

See the difference? That is why the decrease cards sometimes say
"until end of turn." By the way, Sick Unto Death is not the only card
with this distinction.
!