Sound Card - do I need to order one?

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

I'm looking at a pc

<http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?cs=ukdhs1&kc=PPUK4&oc=D1281b&x=6&y=4>

Under Sound Cards, it says "not included", and then says I can opt for
a Creative Labs Sound Blaster® Audigy 2

If I don't opt for the pay for option, does that mean I wont be able
to plug my little speakers in? Does the Dimension 8400 come with *no*
built in sound? I clicked on the "Learn More" button, but didn't
learn more :(

Thanks

Noz

--
Email (ROT13)
abmmn_jnyrf4@lnubb.pb.hx

    It has integrated AC '97 sound:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?F158218E9

    Sound Cards
    Integrated 5.1 audio
    Optional: Sound Blaster® Live! 24-bit ADVANCED
    HD with 100dBTM Performance3
    Optional: Sound Blaster® AudigyTM 2(Dell)3

    Learn More
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T288128E9
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?P5A8118E9

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:35:46 +0000, in
    <dmppq05taen1rp891nc0519krlqvinp1p0@4ax.com>
    Nozza scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

    The link does not work...

    "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > The link does not work...

    Works for me.

    > "Nozza" <nozza_again_gns@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> I'm looking at a pc
    >>
    >> <http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?cs=ukdhs
    >> 1&kc=PPUK4&oc=D1281b&x=6&y=4>
    >>
    >> Under Sound Cards, it says "not included", and then says I
    >> can opt for a Creative Labs Sound Blaster® Audigy 2
    >>
    >> If I don't opt for the pay for option, does that mean I wont
    >> be able to plug my little speakers in? Does the Dimension
    >> 8400 come with *no* built in sound? I clicked on the "Learn
    >> More" button, but didn't learn more :(
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Noz
    >>
    >> --
    >> Email (ROT13)
    >> abmmn_jnyrf4@lnubb.pb.hx

    We are having technical difficulties

    We're sorry but the Online Store is temporarily inaccessible. The Store is
    undergoing routine maintenance or may be experiencing unexpected technical
    problems. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience as we
    work to correct the situation. Check back with us shortly.

    While the Store may be down, Dell is still open for business. Please call
    1-800-WWW-DELL to place your order or to inquire about a product of
    interest.

    Please use your browser's "back" button to return to the previous page

    "Mikey" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> The link does not work...
    >
    > Works for me.
    >
    >> "Nozza" <nozza_again_gns@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> I'm looking at a pc
    >>>
    >>> <http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?cs=ukdhs
    >>> 1&kc=PPUK4&oc=D1281b&x=6&y=4>
    >>>
    >>> Under Sound Cards, it says "not included", and then says I
    >>> can opt for a Creative Labs Sound Blaster® Audigy 2
    >>>
    >>> If I don't opt for the pay for option, does that mean I wont
    >>> be able to plug my little speakers in? Does the Dimension
    >>> 8400 come with *no* built in sound? I clicked on the "Learn
    >>> More" button, but didn't learn more :(
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Noz
    >>>
    >>> --