[FIST] new hopping vampire question

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

I'm not sure I'd use these guys in a constructed deck but I have a
question about the last line of their description. Why would it
matter if the hopping vampire is in the smoked pile or not?

Hopping Vampire

At the end of any turn in which one or more "Hopping Vampire" you
control smoked a Character with combat damage, you may return exactly
one "Hopping Vampire" to play. This ability is active while in your
smoked pile.

So if hopping vampire smoked a golden candle society with combat
damage but the vampire himself was smoked, can he then return?

Thanks!
LM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

In article <81516d85.0405131016.4c35589c@posting.google.com>,
littlemute <littlemute@woodenmen.org> wrote:
>I'm not sure I'd use these guys in a constructed deck but I have a
>question about the last line of their description. Why would it
>matter if the hopping vampire is in the smoked pile or not?
>
>Hopping Vampire
>
>At the end of any turn in which one or more "Hopping Vampire" you
>control smoked a Character with combat damage, you may return exactly
>one "Hopping Vampire" to play. This ability is active while in your
>smoked pile.
>

>So if hopping vampire smoked a golden candle society with combat
>damage but the vampire himself was smoked, can he then return?

Yes.

--
Julian Lighton
Pledged NetRep

jl8e@fragment.com (Julian Lighton) wrote in message news:<10a7hme8oeq7973@corp.supernews.com>...
> In article <81516d85.0405131016.4c35589c@posting.google.com>,
> littlemute <littlemute@woodenmen.org> wrote:
> >I'm not sure I'd use these guys in a constructed deck but I have a
> >question about the last line of their description. Why would it
> >matter if the hopping vampire is in the smoked pile or not?
> >
> >Hopping Vampire
> >
> >At the end of any turn in which one or more "Hopping Vampire" you
> >control smoked a Character with combat damage, you may return exactly
> >one "Hopping Vampire" to play. This ability is active while in your
> >smoked pile.
> >

> >So if hopping vampire smoked a golden candle society with combat
> >damage but the vampire himself was smoked, can he then return?
>
> Yes.

And this is the very same reason that his power must be active when
smoked. Makes sense now. Thanks. Something to ponder over (and feed
to the thing with 1000 tongues!)
lm