Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Will the Xp2800+ come retail'd with a HSF soon?

if not, what is a quiet fan, that will do the job..

no overclocking will be done

This Community is like a Second Family!!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Im pretty sure ive seen one in Australia.
Regarding cooling the stock fan isnt too bad, but if you want uber cool something large that can accomodate a big and slow 80mm fan is good.
MCX-462, alpha PAL8045, SK800, Ax-7, Volcano 7+ or 9 etcetcetc.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
was that because i said no overclocking? first of all if i want to build a system to be overclocked, i would go with a P4 rig because im smarter then you... you are just a dumb [-peep-] who thinks they know everything..

go take a walk, because your obviously unwanted in half these forums

asus nforce2 board is a killer board, and nobody gives a sh!t what you say..

so go buy some other [-peep-] board and have fun oc'ing it

Copenhagen

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
i would go with a P4 rig because im smarter then you... you are just a dumb [-peep-] who thinks they know everything..
From the above statement, it is quite clear to me who is the dumb [-peep-] here.

<i>/Copenhagen - Clockspeed will make the difference... in the end</i> :cool:

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
no because if you were "smart" you would know if you are so serious into overclocking A p4 rig is a better choice, even tho "I" like AMD, for their price performance/ratio... p4 is a better overclocker.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Chill out dudes and dudettes.
Yes coolermaster make nice quiet CPU coolers, though i dont know of any specifically for the xp2800+ just check the specs on them.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Wow! That was a pretty vicious attack. I don't think any of Copenhagen's posts give off an air of superiority. I think the post titled "Asus A7N8X Deluxe (nForce2) NOT recommended !! " was a bit irresponsible as the A7N8X seems to be an awesome board albeit not a great overclocker.

It's good to see people reporting on their experiences especially with regard to overclocking and tinkering. Some good ideas are to be had from experimenting. Although I agree with you that the P4 is a much easier overclocker (I have one myself) at least Copenhagen is giving it his best shot with the Athlon.

Just my 2 cents.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

Copenhagen

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
no because if you were "smart" you would know if you are so serious into overclocking A p4 rig is a better choice, even tho "I" like AMD, for their price performance/ratio... p4 is a better overclocker.
Yes, everybody knows that a P4 is most likely going to overclock well even with the stock cooler, although there's no guarantee. But maybe I was getting bored with all the reports on overclocking a P4, that I just had to try something else. This combined with the fact that THG's latest VGA charts update:

<A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021218/index.html" target="_new">http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021218/index.html</A>

actually showed a P4 3.06GHz HT / ASUS P4PE combo being beat up by a XP2700+ / ASUS A7N8X combo. Yes, read it again, even the mighty 3.06GHz P4 with HyperThreading is being beat up by a XP2700+ when used together with the most common DDR SDRAM P4 chipset at the moment, the 845PE.

Also I had a potent watercooling kit lying around, and I felt that the small Thoroughbred B core would probably benefit the most of watercooling. Well, with my XP2400+ now running at something close to XP3000+ specs, I'm sure it's able to beat a P4 3.06GHz HT in at least Aquanox, Dungeon Siege, UT2K3, Jedi Knight II, 3DMark2001 SE and probably a lot more benchmarks. I don't think I could have obtained significantly more performance had I chosen to go the P4 route. Luck also plays an important part in this; how well will a given CPU overclock; you never know.

<i>/Copenhagen - Clockspeed will make the difference... in the end</i> :cool:

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
ok well lets just drop it then, cause it's not getting anyone anywhere..

i just think if you wanna overclock big.. go with p4..

and i just didn't think it was cool of you to attack the nForce2 board and make it sound like a terrible board..

it's a great board.. but for you and your needs it obviously wasn't,
so i hope you find the board you are looking for.. goodluck

so.. im gonna end this convosation with that.