Heat Increase!

Hey fellas Happy Holidays! I have a problem. My CPU temp all of a sudden went up and i have no idea wats causing it. it started two days ago. it never used to reach 55c-57c before. it was always low below 50c overclocked. room temp seems the same. I put new arctic silver on to see if that was the problem but its not. i even lowered the vcore to 1.725v The most recent thing i did was upgrade to dirext x 9 and catalyst 2.5 but that couldnt be it rite?

AXP 1600+@2000+ (unlocked 12.5x133)
Volcano 9 @ 4000rpm
MSI KT3 Ultra
Radeon 8500LE 300/650 Catalyst 2.5
256pc2100 ddr Crucial
WinXP Pro SP1
6 answers Last reply
More about heat increase
  1. Did you flash the bios? That can cause a change in readings sometimes. If your system is stable, I wouldn't worry about it.
  2. Too much time is spent worrying about temps. If it's stable don't worry about it. Keep monitoring it for a while though.

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/viewtopic.php?t=327" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>
  3. i found out what the problem was. the new version of pc alert 4 was buggy it was reading 7c higher than it was supposed to. i didnt flash the bios and yes it was stable. i guess temp really doesnt matter as long as everything is stable. thanx for replying.
  4. Hehe, my system runs at 56 when idle, and goes up to 70 under work.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
    - Mario Andretti
  5. flamethrower does it get hot in your room? with those temps my pc will work as a heater. lol
  6. My Stock AXP 2000+ runs at 39c idle, and thats only with a crappy £10 coolermaster hsf! But then again I do have two casefans...
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs