Treo without phone

June 10, 2005 7:30:54 AM

If I by a Treo, there will be long periods when I want to use an
organiser but not a phone - such as sitting on an aeroplane.

Is it possible to turn the phone off and use the organiser?

More about : treo phone

Anonymous
June 10, 2005 3:12:43 PM

wrote in news:1118399453.968203.284760@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> If I by a Treo, there will be long periods when I want to use an
> organiser but not a phone - such as sitting on an aeroplane.
>
> Is it possible to turn the phone off and use the organiser?

Yes. The phone is turned on/off separately.
June 10, 2005 3:20:53 PM

>Yes. The phone is turned on/off separately.

Cool

I wondered the same thing myself as I'm in market for
Treo as well
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 10:36:24 AM

On 10 Jun 2005, at 03:30:54 [GMT -0700] (20:30:54 Friday, 10 June 2005 where
I live) "robertharvey@my-deja.com" wrote:

> Is it possible to turn the phone off and use the organiser?

To turn the Treo (PDA section) on, you press the red "phone" button for a
short time.

To turn the phone as well as the Treo on, you press the same button for a
longer time.

So you have a choice.

Good system!

BTW I read on Slashdot that UA are putting in Wi Fi networks on their planes
for next year, so maybe the phone on board (not considering other external
factors) is not as dangerous as made out?

(Pity UA didn't concentrate on the basics and get their act together, but
that is another story.)

--
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
!