Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just installed router and hardwired desktop works fine;
when try to establish wireless connection it asks for wep
key. Is the router set by default to require wep key (is
it the serial # on bottom?)or does it have to be enabled
in setup. Should I reset router and start over?

What router are you using, and with which operating systems?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Jerry" <jarebare3@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Just installed router and hardwired desktop works fine;
> when try to establish wireless connection it asks for wep
> key. Is the router set by default to require wep key (is
> it the serial # on bottom?)or does it have to be enabled
> in setup. Should I reset router and start over?

700 and XP

You haven't programmed the MN-700? Go into your browser and the default
base station IP of 192.168.2.1. The default password is "admin" without the
quotes. You'll see the various settings in there. I believe it does
default to WEP, but if your wireless device can do WPA encryption, I'd
recommend using that.
--
Associate Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone