Can i see a low frame rate???

nMiraf

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
i just want to know.. :cool:
what the heavy games that need high pc??
and fifa 2003 are that run in TNT 2???
Can i feel the diference about a high frame rate and low frame rate i games and what's games that need???

High CPU?
High Grafik Card?
High RAM?
High Speed of Harddisk?

Can you give me an example, so that i can test that game in my CPU??

Col_Kiwi

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002
I'll try to answer your question, but I'm sorry if I tell you something other then what you're looking for, I have difficulty understanding your post.

As for noticably low framerates, the rule of thumb is 30fps and higher is enough to seem smooth and not be at all distracting. 60 fps and higher is enough to be 100% perfect and immersive.

As for games that stress your computer to get high fps, Unreal Tournament 2003 is the best to use for that right now IMO.

-Col.Kiwi

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
nmiraf, it would be cool if you could just check your spelling a bit before you post. This is just so that we don´t misunderstand you.

The game that stresses the sytem most right now is probably UT2003, that is if you don´t count a certain alpha release now one is supposed to talk about. Ah [-peep-] it, Doom III alpha 0.02. But that shouldn´t be taken into consideration, very un-optimized.

The things that most affect performance is defenetly the CPU and the graphics card. In the case of newer games, like UT2003, 512MB of RAM is recomended. The speed of your hard-drive is less important, especially if you have 512MB of RAM. If not, the game needs to swap to the hard-drive now and then, and this could degrade performance a bit.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
I agree with the other responces in the fact that UT2003 is a great way to wittness dropped frame rates, more people have been forced into system upgades to play this game than any other recorded game that I myself have heard of....and I love it...

Craig M