1. What is your budget?
1600$ max, preferably less
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Most of the time I'm at home with a screen, but when I go out with the laptop the weight matters to me
5. How much battery life do you need?
I'll be next to electricity most of the time
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Autocad, Photoshop, maya , office and heavy multi-tasking
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 300GB, but I prefer much more
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
about 3 years, maybe more
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DvD will be nice
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Until now I used Lenovo ThinkPad and Sony Vaio and loved both, also had HP and hated it....
13. What country do you live in?
Isral, but I'm buying in the US
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I want to buy TODAY, so I'd love to get your recommendations ASAP... Thanks so much!
for best performance i would get http://www.xoticpc.com/force-pbl21-compal-pbl21-p-3086....
cpu -2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM, 2.4-3.5GHz, (32nm, 6MB L3 cache) (SKU - X2R208) ( + 284 )
ram- black friday exlusive 8gb 1333mhz
option 1- 250GB Intel 510 Series Solid State Drive (Up to Sequential Read 470MB/s - Write 315MB/s SSD2 Serial-ATA III) (SKU - X5R053) ( + 554 ) (much better perforamnce but 50gb less memory than your required size)
option 2- 300GB Intel 320 Series Solid State Drive (SSD Serial-ATA II) (SKU - X5R067) ( + 525 ) (you required size but slower performance)
note- build is for best performance and you need to buy os or get it as an option for $100