[Redemption] Ambush/Provisions

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

OK...here's the big one (First paragraph happened at NC State, but
"continuing" thoughts were simply other scenarios that might have
happened)...

Character is set aside with Ambush ("Set aside a male Hero (face down) from
your hand for one turn. Hero returns to territory face down. Hero enters
battle face down with access to any site. When opponent presents an Evil
Character in battle. Hero is flipped face up."). Character makes rescue
attempt and no blocker is presented. Does hero return face down (in Type 2
with 1/1 Experience Credit)? I assume yes, and that's how I ruled.

Continuing...what if character is set aside with Provisions as well?
Character enters battle, "opponent" never presents a blocker, but attacking
player chooses a blocker. Here are two scenarios...
1. Once a blocker is presented by anyone, the attacking character is flipped
up.
2. Since the opponent never presented the blocker, the judge must come, look
at the face down character and simply say what the battle outcome currently
will be and who has iniative. The judge then must stay to resolve battle.
If attacker wins, attacker returns to territory face down for another
rescue.

The "continuing" scenario didn't come up, and I lean towards option 1 for
simplicity's sake, but that would mean that Ambush needs errata.

Thoughts?

Blessings,
DJ

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

>Character is set aside with Ambush ("Set aside a male Hero (face down) from
>your hand for one turn. Hero returns to territory face down. Hero enters
>battle face down with access to any site. When opponent presents an Evil
>Character in battle. Hero is flipped face up."). Character makes rescue
>attempt and no blocker is presented. Does hero return face down (in Type 2
>with 1/1 Experience Credit)? I assume yes, and that's how I ruled.

Given Cactus' tendency toward playing cards "as written," since no blocker was
presented, I believe your ruling is correct. That would also allow the Hero to
maintain site access, as long as he enters battle face down.

>Continuing...what if character is set aside with Provisions as well?
>Character enters battle, "opponent" never presents a blocker, but attacking
>player chooses a blocker.

Provisions allows the holder to "choose the Evil Character his opponent's
uses to block Hero's next rescue attempt." Once chosen, the blocker is
actually "presented" by your opponent, so your Hero would flip. This SA would
have to be activated when the Hero entered the FoB; it isn't like Obedience of
Noah, where you send an EC out to bring in another one. You simply have the
option to choose which EC your opponent presents initially.
Steve "Polycarp" Braun
Redemption New Jersey - http://ddicerc.tripod.com
"We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall." Prov. 16:33,
NLT
(To reply via e-mail, remove "nospam" from the address above.)