The highest I'd like to go is around $800 if possible. I'm open to a little higher perhaps.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
The higher the better.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
For the most part, a desktop replacement. But, I will be doing some traveling.
5. How much battery life do you need?
A few hours at least.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. Things like Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim, TF2 and others. High settings would be great.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Need it for college. So, just easy stuff like word processing and web browsing. Every once in a while I might do some video and photo editing, but that's not a priority.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not very picky.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Not picky. Newegg, Amazon, or the vendor's site are all great.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible? 3 or 4 years I suppose.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
At least CD / DVD.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Don't love HP because I had a bad experience in the past, but they've got a great deal going on now (see below). Fine with pretty much anything else except Apple
13. What country do you live in?
I'm trying to get a good Cyber Monday deal and I've found three laptops that seem to be quite good for my needs. I was hoping I could get some advice as to which one to choose. I'm totally open to other laptop suggestions--this is just what I've found so far. So, if you could please help me select the best one below or offer a different machine I would be very grateful. Thanks!