Sign in with
Your question

HELP -- NEW 9500 Causes System to Rebootin DX

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 31, 2002 5:07:47 PM

Ok I was running my system fine after buying a new radeon 9500 for about a week. Then dx games wouldnt even start so I reinstalled catalyst drivers for the radeon. They then would start but after a short amount of time simply hang. I was fed up so I tried under XP and instead of hanging the system reboots after a short amount of time. I have been troubleshooting this for like a week and have done all the compatability and diags and they all check out. Any hints would be greatly appreciated (btw I stuck my old geforce 2 back in and the games run fine)

More about : 9500 system rebootin

January 1, 2003 7:58:11 AM

Have you reformatted? if not its highly recommended. Old drivers never really get completly uninstalled. Or you can something called "nividia killer" or something like that :)  It clears those old nvidia drviers. Also be careful about installing the latest agp drivers, the ones win xp installs should work just fine. I recently got a 9500pro also and I kept installing the latest agp drivers just to find out that's what was making my system crash randomly (and frequently!).
!