Can't Network mn 720 through mn700

Josh

I am running xp on three systems. sp2, updates etc.
brodband network utility installed. I have run network
setup wizard on all computers, double checked for accurate
workgroup name etc. I can connect the two hardwired
systems and ping them accordingly, but he third system, my
laptop which is the only wireless unit, will not recognize
the network. I get the error message that it can not
locate the network perhaps I do not have admin privlages.
Being the only user and that it previously worked on an
unsecured Linksys setup I assume that is inaccrate. I can
access the internet but when I ping my laptop IP there is
100% data loss. I have double checked zero configuration,
wireless setings. I have a 128 encryption running, I
beleive is WEP. Is it the security or somthing else?

Is the 720 on the correct channel? Do you have DHCP turned on with the base
station? What happens if you go into Network Connections on the wireless
computer, select Properties on the icon representing and furnish it a static
IP address within your LAN. The Gateway address then becomes the default
base station address (192.168.2.1, unless you changed it).
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Josh" <TheNewEnglander@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am running xp on three systems. sp2, updates etc.
> brodband network utility installed. I have run network
> setup wizard on all computers, double checked for accurate
> workgroup name etc. I can connect the two hardwired
> systems and ping them accordingly, but he third system, my
> laptop which is the only wireless unit, will not recognize
> the network. I get the error message that it can not
> locate the network perhaps I do not have admin privlages.
> Being the only user and that it previously worked on an
> unsecured Linksys setup I assume that is inaccrate. I can
> access the internet but when I ping my laptop IP there is
> 100% data loss. I have double checked zero configuration,
> wireless setings. I have a 128 encryption running, I
> beleive is WEP. Is it the security or somthing else?

TRENDING THREADS