ATI All In Wonder Radeon problem

KevH182

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2002
The fan on my ATI all in wonder radeon is making a strange noise whenever I turn on my computer. Do I have to replace the fan? if so, how do I do it? or is there another way of fixing it so it doesnt sound so annoying when i turn on my PC.

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
Please further describe the strange noise if you can. Check if any cables are within the fan. Make sure you have attached the power connector to the R9700.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
A fan failure is a good possibility. If it's the orignal Radeon you can probably get a much more durable full thickness 40mm CPU fan to fit, as long as you don't have any cards in the very next slot down.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
You will void warranty though. I really want to put ramsinks and a new HSF or even heat pipe cooling on my AIW 9700 Pro but I don't wanna lose the warranty.

[-peep-], if he has warranty why don't he call tech support and have them ship him a new card and then ship the old one back?

Life is irrelivent and irrational.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
He doesn't know the problem yet. What if he sent the old card back, paid shipping and only to find out that there was nothing wrong with the card but with his machine configuration. He lost some money and some time.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, the warranty would remain valid. You can just as easily put the old fan back on. I'm not talking about replacing a glued on heatsink, but a screwed on fan.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>