Laptops well built hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicky09

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
(The following is from personal use with HP laptops)

I am looking for a laptop that not only has good guts but also has a very well built outside.

The reason I ask is because the laptop I have right now is a HP and the keyboard buttons come loose all the time. Right now, my left touchpad button is broken and barely works. My right button is almost broke too. I hate plastic buttons for the touchpad mouse! This is why they are breaking! :??:

My previous laptop was also a HP and it went up in smokes, due to a broken screen that was caused by a broken hinge.

Also, I have a relative who had a HP and the inside of where the power plug is suppose to be broke off. So I doubt I will go with HP again, unless they have dramatically improved their laptops.

I do not know if HP has a history of broken buttons and screens, or maybe I am just rough. I am very careful with laptops so I doubt I am the cause of these mishaps. I just need something sturdy like ever laptop should be.

Although I love HP, I am very disappointed with the way it is built. I need a good laptop that will hold its own weight for years and years to come. Not cheap plastic!!!!! :fou:

I am not really looking for one of those heavy-duty laptops unless that is my last option.

What is a good laptop for me? :ange:

ram1009

Distinguished
Portables are inherently under designed. The laptop you're wishing for would weigh at least 20 pounds. At that weight (or higher) it would be unsaleable, possibly even to you. I can't blame you for wanting it but remember, people in hell want ice water.

DEY123

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
you might want to consider a business grade laptop. They basically cost a bit more but typically have reinforced frames and harddrive protection if it detects that it is being dropped. Most of the major vendors make them. Of course there is a cost associated with this that may not make sense for you (if you are buying a $500 laptop why would you buy a $700 that is tougher instead of just replacing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.