ATTN: William P.N. Smith - RE TAG writing util

Hi

I have a 8200 Dimension and had the mother board changed,
the engineer who changed it was unable to write the tag number
as the service disks he had with him were unable to write the
new tag, he explained that each model had the tag written to
different places on the motherboard and was unable to use
one for a different model, I sent Dell a email explaining the
situation, and have just had a phone call from Dell in
India? to talk me through the downloading and making a boot
disk to boot into dos and running the program, entering the
TAG number and checking if it showed up in the BIOS
screen.

Try sending an email in might take a few days, but there is
no phone charge incurred as they phone you, and if it goes
wrong, its there problem not yours as you were following
there instructions, (no reason it should).

good luck
Bob B

"Blobby" <bobby99@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>I have a 8200 Dimension and had the mother board changed,

> situation, and have just had a phone call from Dell in
>India? to talk me through the downloading and making a boot
>disk to boot into dos and running the program, entering the
>TAG number and checking if it showed up in the BIOS

Thanks, I'll give it a try!