Sign in with
Your question

Windows Wireless Mutimedia Keyboard 1 1

Last response: in Windows 7
June 7, 2010 12:01:53 PM

How do I return the functionality to multimedia buttons (My Documents, My Pictures, My Music, Mail, etc.)?
June 7, 2010 6:37:31 PM

bjeralds, can you specify your problem a little further? Are the icons for the folders you mentioned now working when you double click on them?
m
l
June 14, 2010 12:52:52 AM

wallyinnc said:
bjeralds, can you specify your problem a little further? Are the icons for the folders you mentioned now working when you double click on them?

Hi, Wallyinnc...thanks for your input and your query. The buttons across the top of the keyboard are all functioning except for MY DOCUMENTS, MY PICTURES, MY MUSIC, AND MESSENGER. The other buttons are functioning properly. The icons for those folders are working ok when I double click on them.
m
l
Related resources
June 14, 2010 6:25:39 PM

Tks bjerald. And I should have read the thread's title, I would have seen the problem is with the keyboard, sorry about that.
I have had wireless keyboards where those keys work and some where it doesn't work at all.
The best is that you make sure the latest drivers for that keyboard are installed. please let me know what keyboard it is, I might be able to help finding
m
l
June 14, 2010 8:19:57 PM

wallyinnc said:
Tks bjerald. And I should have read the thread's title, I would have seen the problem is with the keyboard, sorry about that.
I have had wireless keyboards where those keys work and some where it doesn't work at all.
The best is that you make sure the latest drivers for that keyboard are installed. please let me know what keyboard it is, I might be able to help finding

The keyboard is Microsoft Model #1014 Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1. There is another number that may further id this unit: WUR0445; MS Part #X801524-100. Hope that helps!
m
l
July 4, 2010 10:14:16 AM

wallyinnc said:
Sorry for delay bjeralds, been busy
try this: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResu...

I apologize, Wally, for not responding to your solution. It worked! I have a 32-bit system as opposed to a 64-bit, but getting the necessary drivers was the solution. I now enjoy full functionality of my keyboard. You done good!
m
l
!