Mythos CCG - List of all location attributes

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

Hello again,

I'm trying to list all the location attributes used in Mythos, and
have the following. Could someone fill in any attributes I may have
missed and tell me what expanion they were found in? I am missing
cards after Dreamlands, and am hoping to build a database of this
info. Thanks!

Location Attributes as found in the standard set and Dreamlands

Artifact
Artifacts ----> On a few location cards, the plural form is used.
Business
Church
City
Country
House
Island
Library
Mosque
Museum
Palace
Press
Sanitarium
Site
Society
Space
Station
Temple
Tome
Town
Underground
Underwater
University
Village

- Keen Anthony

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 04:35:49 -0500, Keen Anthony
<keenanthony@dontspam.me> wrote:

>I'm trying to list all the location attributes used in Mythos, and
>have the following.

Anthony -
Have you gotten all of them from the Standard set and the Limited set?
Those are the only ones I have appreciable amounts of cards from. I'd
hate to duplicate your already considerable effort (and wouldn't be
able to get to it until later this week or next, at any rate).

-- pseudosoldier

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:31:47 GMT, pseudosoldier@hotmail.com
(pseudosoldier) wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 04:35:49 -0500, Keen Anthony
><keenanthony@dontspam.me> wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to list all the location attributes used in Mythos, and
>>have the following.
>
>Anthony -
>Have you gotten all of them from the Standard set and the Limited set?
>Those are the only ones I have appreciable amounts of cards from. I'd
>hate to duplicate your already considerable effort (and wouldn't be
>able to get to it until later this week or next, at any rate).
>
>-- pseudosoldier

Yes. I'd say so - although I am unsure about the Limited Set. I bought
my set back when Mythos first came out. I grabbed a couple of starter
sets and a handful of booster packs. Then a friend of mind bought me
several more boosters on top of that. I also have about 3 or 4 boxes
for Dreamlands (boxes as in starter sets). I don't really know what
the difference is between Standard set and Limited set. The Chaosium
site separates Standard into two decks, Steadfast and Corrupt. I don't
remember that being my case.

In any case, all I have to work with is that first generation of
Mythos cards, plus Dreamlands. I have no idea what's in Necromonicon.
The list I posted is based solely on Lovecraft Country. I'll be
building the list for Europe, Middle East, and South Pacific this week
sometime. So far, the only locations I have not seen in LC are Temple,
Palace, and Town. Of course, I may not have all the LC cards :(

- Keen Anthony

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

This is an update

So far, based on the original starter deck and the Dreamlands
expansion, these are all the location attributes in Mythos. If anyone
can fill in missing locations attributes, or add locations found in
other expansions or boosters, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Locations Attributes found in the Waking World

Artifact
Artifacts // appears on a couple of cards including Easter Island
Business
City
Church
Country
House
Island
Library
Mosque
Museum
Palace
Press
Sanitarium
Site
Society
Space
Station
Temple
Tome
Town
Underground
Underwater
University
Village

The Dreamlands adds the following attributes:

Lair
Lighthouse
Port
Ruins

- Keen Anthony

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 03:23:56 -0500, Keen Anthony
<keenanthony@dontspam.me> wrote:

Location attributes found in the Standard Card Set (the two decks that
come packed together):

Artifact
Business
Church
City
Country
House
Library
Museum
Press
Sanitarium
Site
Society
Station
Tome
Underground
University
Village

Pretty sure you had all those, as you said you had picked up the
Starter set... you can tell these apart as all of them (except the
two Portaphobia cards) have either a C or S in the upper left hand
corner (for Corrupt or Stalwart, the way the decks were separated).

Location attributes of cards that I have not in the Standard Set
(Limited Cards mostly from Legends of the Necronomicon):

Artifact
Artifacts
Business
Church
City
Country
House
Inside
Island
Library
Mosque
Museum
Press
Sanitarium
Site
Society
Tome
Underground
University
Village

Sorry it's not more help.
-- pseudosoldier

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.misc (More info?)

Hi,

Why not join one of the Mythos discussion groups on Yahoo? For instance
Mythos-UK or Mythos2? There are plenty of us willing to answer all sorts of
questions on these list groups including rules, faqs etc..

--
Sy "Blackjack" Hughes (BH #917)
UK Dragon Lord

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 13:54:13 +0100, "Sy Hughes" <gizmo@v21.me.uk>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Why not join one of the Mythos discussion groups on Yahoo? For instance
>Mythos-UK or Mythos2? There are plenty of us willing to answer all sorts of
>questions on these list groups including rules, faqs etc..

Hello,

Apologies for not replying sooner. I hadn't even considered searching
for MSN or Yahoo groups on Mythos. What came to mind immediately was
Usenet, Chaosium, and the old digest. I'll have to take a look at the
Yahoo group sometime. Thanks for the suggestion.

- Keen Anthony