1. What is your budget? Around $500, but if the deal is good. I don't mind chipping out an extra $100.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14"-15.6"
3. What screen resolution do you want? As high as possible.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable, mainly going to be used for college work.
5. How much battery life do you need? 4 hour should be sufficient.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No gaming will be done on this laptop.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Just regular internet surfing, facebook, and some number-crunching software.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? No preference.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Preferably reputable sites.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as possible.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Nothing specific.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No brand preference, but I would like to stay away from Acer, Toshiba, and MSI.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. The main thing I am looking for is the design. I like a sleek and clean look to the laptop. Something along the lines of new Asus and Sony models. I would like the keys to be spaced out as well if possible. Nothing bulky.