meffidman

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
I have an asus mb that had an on board 16mb s3 savage video chip and didnt have a spare agp slot, so i recently purchased a 64mb radeon 9000 pci card. I have no problem runing most of the newer titles but some of my older games that ran fine with my on board gfx (eg. sof2) the framerate has dramitcally dropped using my new card.

any advice plz?

i got a athlon 1.1ghz, 256mb ram, win2k pro

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
some of the older titles might require higher system specs then some of the newer releases. it all depends on the games engine.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hmm, S3 AGP vs ATI PCI...Well, I have good news and bad. IT's possible that the newer titles run better on the newer card because they use it's newer features, but the older titles run better on the older integrated graphics because of the faster AGP transfer rate.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, no, YOUR computer sux because it uses a garbage chipset! You know you can get a replacement board and AGP video card.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

meffidman

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
yeah which requries money, which when im saving up for my holiday i just dont have :/

unless u want to buy me some new hardware?