Notebook Video Cards

oOGaMeSgAmEsOo

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2003
I currently own a Compaq Presario Notebook with an ATI Mobility 16Mb graphics card. I want an upgrade .... so I contacted Compaq and their support center said it was possible and that I should contact a Compaq retailer about compatability issues and such things. However, what has really been a pain in my neck is that NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON OR WHAT I AM EVEN ASKING. I really wanted to start throwing punches in some cases, but I refrained. But now what? Can anyone out there please give this poor young man a clue? I've done plenty of work on desktops, but my notebook is strange territory. HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF (insert something important here)!

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
to the best of my knowledge, no current notebook gfx chipsets are upgradable... they usually solder everything in place anyway...

is it summer already ??? oh, its just the heat haze coming off my PC...

TooMuchLag

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2003
What you may be able to do is get a docking station that has a PCI slot and stick a card in there. It works with Compaq's M700. I think the PCI dock is about $200-250. With a GeForce4 MX 460 (best PCI card out as far as I know), it would double, or more, your vid. performance.

-Lazar.