1,200$ 15" gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallfern

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
I put the important stuff above, but here are my responses to the standard questions:
1. What is your budget?
$1,200 tops.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14-15.6" screen.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
The higher the better
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Do not need a desktop replacement, mostly need this to go to and from work and play games, and browse the web.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Has to last 2 hours minimum of standard use, when im going to be gaming I will be plugged in, if it can't last two hours I can't see myself having it :(
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I want to play WoW, Star Wars:ToR, BF3. I want to be able to play medium settings at a stable 30fps.(nVidia preferred)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Gaming, web browsing, office work, watching videos.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I will probably be swapping out the HD so doesn't matter.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
www.xoticpc.com
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
roughly the next 2 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Bluray preferred but not a must have
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
As long as the brand has a good reputation for reliability and good support/service I will buy anything. Warranties I can buy not included in the budget is a bonus, because laptops I think are the one thing worth buying them for.
13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I love nVidia for the drivers, and would prefer them. Any GTX model graphics card from what I've read is good for gaming, but i heard the new GT 540, 550, 555 do decently well on medium... any suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.