Help me out guys. I have been so wishy washy on this I'm driving myself crazy. I cant seem to make myself pull the trigger on anything. I first started shopping about 6 weeks ago, right as newegg had one of the Asus G series go on sale for around 800 I believe it was. I didnt know at the time what good deal it was, so I passed because I wanted to do research. It literally popped up right as I decided I was going to buy. Since then I've been holding out for a good deal, and I keep going back and forth on what I want.
1. What is your budget? 1000 USD
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6. Would consider a 17 if the deal was stellar
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080 (required)
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? most likely desktop replacement. I have a smaller, lighter one for daily carry/work
5. How much battery life do you need? not much really. again, this is for traveling, plopping down on the hotel desk to game for 3-4 days
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? This is primarily going to be for raiding in SWTOR. I will play other games on it. The higher the settings the better, but if it's going to cost me an arm and a leg to run skyrim on high, I'll settle for just running TOR at good settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) nothing special.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? A decent about. no less than 320GB. I carry digital movies around when traveling as well
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. any place I don't have to pay tax in Fl (newegg, amazon are 2 examples)
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4 years, maybe 5. starting a phd this year
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Would prefer blu ray, but it's just a cherry on top. I can live without it. It's more for future proofing than intending to watch BRD movies.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I've had a dell vostro for several years and it's been great to me, but I've heard bad things about the newer. I dont really have a company preference, except I expect them to be reasonable to deal with regarding warranty issues and such.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. N/A
A bit over your budget but a custom "true" gaming laptop with a GTX 560M graphics card. SAGER NP8130 15" gaming notebook ~$939-$1143
Core i7-2630QM CPU, 8GB RAM, 500GB 7200RPM HDD, 15.6" 1920x1080 LCD w/ GTX 560M.
Est cost included Win7, Blu-Ray. 7200rpm HDD and i7 CPU upgrades.