Sign in with
Your question

ATI All In wonder Rage 128 Pro (16mb or 32mb?)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 7, 2003 3:26:02 AM

Trying to identify this video card. It is an ATI All In Wonder Rage 128 Pro, this much we know. I assumed it had 32mb of memory, but Windows ME is identifying it as a Rage 128 Pro with 16mb. I know they made an All In Wonder Rage 128 (not Pro) that is 16mb but I can't find anything on a Pro version that is 16mb. This card has the large, black heatsink, all of the 16mg cards I've seen have no heat sink, just the exposed surface of the chip. Any help on identifying this.
-Brett
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2003 4:22:20 AM

If you got it from a guy in Mount Pleasant, it's one of the cards I modified, and it's not a pro.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
January 7, 2003 12:25:28 PM

The retail or OEM versions don't have a heatsink. I have an AIW 128 Pro PCI with 16MB (and also an AIW 128 AGP 16MB). You might see space next to the main chip where the extra 16MB would have been soldered if it were a 32MB. The non-pro would not have the extra space since 16MB is the max for them.
Related resources
January 8, 2003 7:23:04 PM

But would Windows still identify it as a "pro" card?

>>If you got it from a guy in Mount Pleasant, it's one of the cards I modified, and it's not a pro.<<
a b U Graphics card
January 8, 2003 9:17:46 PM

You mean the driver? ATI drivers do weird things, my old Radeon LE has been detected as a 7000, 7200, 7500, and Radeon DDR by various drivers.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
!