Sign in with
Your question

Help me....plzz

Last response: in Windows 7
June 7, 2010 5:34:02 PM

Hello,
i want to know how to connect one laptop with another laptop through lan cable without internet connection to share my private data
(songs,games etc.)

More about : plzz

a b D Laptop
a c 416 $ Windows 7
June 7, 2010 5:55:30 PM

#

Disconnect both laptop computers from any local network connection.
#
Step 2

Plug one end of a standard CAT5 crossover Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port of one of the laptops.
#
Step 3

Connect the other end of the crossover cable into the Ethernet port on the other laptop.
#
Step 4

Go to the "My Computer" window, right-click on the files or folders you want to transfer between the two computers and choose "Properties" from the drop-down menu that appears. A window with various settings relating to the selected file or folder will open. Perform this step on both computers to properly set up file sharing.
#
Step 5

Go to the "Sharing and Security" tab at the top of the "Properties" window on each computer and select the radio button labeled "Share this folder on the network." Now that file sharing is enabled, data can be sent between the two laptops.
Using a USB Cable
#
Step 1

Plug the USB transfer cable into a free USB port on one of the laptop computers.
#
Step 2

Connect the other end of the USB transfer cable to a USB port on the other laptop.
#
Step 3

Install any software or drivers that came with your USB transfer cable to ensure that the cable will be recognized by both systems.
#
Step 4

Go to the "My Computer" window, right-click on the files or folders you want to transfer between the two computers and choose "Properties" from the drop-down menu that appears. A window with various settings on the selected file or folder will open. Do this on both computers to properly set up file sharing.
#
Step 5

Go to the "Sharing and Security" tab at the top of the "Properties" window and select the radio button labeled "Share this folder on the network." File sharing is now enabled; data can be sent between the laptops.
m
l
!