Long Time No Post, Back With Question...

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Yeah, been gone to a far far place with no internet connection during the christmas holidays :frown: but I"m back and at it, and I've got a question.

I finally convinced my parents that buying a R9700/Pro is not too much of a waste of moola. The problem is though, I saw some GF FX stuff popping up and I haven't following for a long while. I'd really appreciate people telling me whether I should get a R9700/Pro and get it over with or wait for GF FX results. I definitely won't be able to afford a Ti5800 Ultrra at launch (IIRC $600USD). There seems to be a 5800 too for ~$500USD, but that I can't afford either. Is there something for the ~$300 range in the NV30 family?

And lastly any good pages about GF FX performance appreciated. Already read the maxpc article.

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
<font color=blue>
I'd really appreciate people telling me whether I should get a R9700/Pro and get it over with or wait for GF FX results
</font color=blue>
Considering the amount of money you'd be spending either way, I'd recommend waiting. It's nearing mid-January already, so you won't have <i>that</i> much longer to wait, I don't think.

<font color=blue>
--------------------------------------------------
Guns kill people just like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
<font color=blue>

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Well with that maxpc article, it gave me the sense that I'll be waiting for a while yet. They've only got beta drivers and a beta board and all. They didn't even want them releasing bences at all giving me the impression they're not anywhere near actually selling them en masse.

And also, I can get a R9700 Pro BBA for $489CDN, whereas the GF FX may sell for more than that much USD.

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...

eden

Champion
Dude such 9700PRO price in Canada is so rare! Get it now IMO, this is a worthy offer.

No, in Canadian dollar, you couldn't afford any GF FX coming out soon. They will need to release lower end versions like the Ti200 or Ti4200. 750$ CDN in Canada, is insane.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile: