Intel 810 onbard and a Radeon 7000

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
I hate deling with these hp's at work, but theyt were here before me.

I am trying to install a Radeon 7000 PCI into this computer with onboard Intel 810 series graphics. Only prob is, once the ATI card is in, it wont post fully (hangs before finding IDE devices. Insering the PCI card disables the onboard.

Is there a secret password or hand eye trick needed to get another card to work on this machine?

HP XE746
Celeron 667
512 PC133 SDRAM
OnBoard Vid / Sound
3Com NIC

---------

If the Scatman can do it so can you...

---------

eden

Champion
Wow, I was troubleshooting this weekend the very same HP problem at my cousin's!
This time though it was that it would not go past the Windows 2000 splash, well it would but you can't see the logon screen. Turns out the graphical display settings of the on-board are using high res and colors that the PCI MX420 without drivers cannot obviously cope with, without any drivers. We had to use VGA Mode to install them and remove the Intel Graphics. I know that in the BIOS you do have an option to set PCI to use graphics if you have no AGP.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
I had that problem when trying to get a dual monitor setup on another HP machine here.. ended up having to uninstall the onboard, install the secondary, then re-install the onboard to get it all to work.

I'm guessing there is just no helping this one though, as Crashman said, it might be the PS, and in that case, it is a proprietary one that is very small and situates in the middle of the case. I've decided to play PC switcheroo and just give the boss a better PC that the incoming lackey.

<font color=green>::: Sir, I'd like to return this cpu, it is dead.</font color=green> <font color=blue>::: Its not dead, its resting...</font color=blue>

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
tried that already. you can disable it in the normal bios (F1) or the expert bios (F10)

Either result is the same. If you keep a monitor plugged in, it will work. Try plugging into the added card, system hangs in post.

As far as I know, the only difference in the expert boot is adjusting multipliers.. but it doesnt make sence on an Intel board...

<font color=green>::: Sir, I'd like to return this cpu, it is dead.</font color=green> <font color=blue>::: Its not dead, its resting...</font color=blue>