Where to buy Radeon 9500 pro?

SteveK4

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003
I have decided to buy the Radeon 9500 pro, now I just need to figure out WHERE to buy it from. Newegg.com has a "Built by ATI" for $197, free shipping. Newegg also has a "Powered by ATI" Sapphire card for $180, free shipping. I would assume I'd want the "Built by ATI" card, even if it's $17 more.

FTI computer is out of stock on Radeon 9500 pro cards.

Is there any other reliable place I'd want to look to get the card cheaper? Or should I go with Newegg?

Thanks in advance,
Steve K.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I've never bought from them, but they're cheap, and have a good rating on resellerratings.com

allstarshop.com

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Forum Assassin</A></font color=red>

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
I just bought one online at the end of December from a place called Essential Computer Inc. I paid $190.00 plus $9.00 shipping. So the $197.00 including shipping sounds pretty good.

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you don't mind monitoring the site, Newegg has refurbished video cards for sale at excellent savings of 30 to 60 percent. Some are only OEM and have never been sold, I bought a Saphire 9700 Pro there for $237, but it wasn't compatible with my SIS645 chipset apparently, as the computer ASUS voice said, "System fail CPU test" and wouldn't even post and they actually gave me a FULL refund. Anyways, they have occasionally a 9500Pro and others also, they usually restock about twice a week, and you have to be quick, as they go fast.
They also have some excellent buys for Motherboards, too, like $40 for a AMD761 chipset with DDR. Most of the MBs are OEM also. I just bought an EPOX there for $25 that was new in box with drivers and cables, but those are rare, most are only boards and some are used too.
Good Luck,
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Is ATI still offering 7 year warranties? If so, that would be a good reason to get their card. Anyway, the Saphire card is identicle.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

SteveK4

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003
Well, I bought my card last night at Newegg for $197. Unfortunately, they didn't have any refurbished 9500 pros when I looked last night. But upon looking today, they actually have a 9500 pro for sale refurbished: $147. I could have saved $50. Oh well. It describes the card as "bare boned" which means I might not even get the necessary cables and such to use it. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I'm still happy with my purchase.

If anyone wants to take the risk with the refurbished though, they have a 9500 pro for $147 and a 9700 pro for $254. Just a heads up - You might be able to learn from my mistake.

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, you are absolutely right, you won't get any cables or anything else with refurbs, just the card, unless you really luck with an Epox MB and actually get a full retail version or maybe just the drivers CD. But with video cards, I have yet to see anything other than the card sold.
Good Luck, and you made a wise purchase, IMHO.
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)