Latitude C600 display problems

Hi @ all,

I got a Latitude C600 some days ago, but the display makes some
problems, sometimes it stays black, sometimes its grey/white an
sometimes it works fine for some seconds.

Can somebody tell me how to fix it?

Tim
1 answer Last reply
More about latitude c600 display problems

    if you are handy with electronics, you can try to reseat the ribbon cable to
    see if that helps. you can find full disassembly/reassembly instruction in
    the service manual found on the support page for your model on
    support.dell.com. however it sounds like the light in the display needs to
    be replaced and that is expensive to have done. you can connect an external
    monitor to the laptop to continue to work... but you are probably better off
    buying new... the inspiron 1150 is lighter and not much larger than your
    latitude c600 and can be had for under $700. considering that a lcd repair
    from dell will likely cost $300 you can see why buying new probably makes
    more sense.

    "Tim Jordan" <mail@tim-jordan.de> wrote in message
    > Hi @ all,
    >
    > I got a Latitude C600 some days ago, but the display makes some problems,
    > sometimes it stays black, sometimes its grey/white an sometimes it works
    > fine for some seconds.
    >
    > Can somebody tell me how to fix it?
    >
    > Tim

Dell Latitude Computers Displays