Latitude C600 display problems

Hi @ all,

I got a Latitude C600 some days ago, but the display makes some
problems, sometimes it stays black, sometimes its grey/white an
sometimes it works fine for some seconds.

Can somebody tell me how to fix it?

Tim

if you are handy with electronics, you can try to reseat the ribbon cable to
see if that helps. you can find full disassembly/reassembly instruction in
the service manual found on the support page for your model on
support.dell.com. however it sounds like the light in the display needs to
be replaced and that is expensive to have done. you can connect an external
monitor to the laptop to continue to work... but you are probably better off
buying new... the inspiron 1150 is lighter and not much larger than your
latitude c600 and can be had for under $700. considering that a lcd repair
from dell will likely cost $300 you can see why buying new probably makes
more sense.