Sign in with
Your question

Duel Moniters..Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 14, 2003 5:33:33 PM

I want to run 2 moniters.

I have AGP GEforce4 card and winXP.

What else do i need? (another Geforce in the PCI slot?)

More about : duel moniters

January 14, 2003 10:18:53 PM

I am guessing that it has the VGA, DVI, and S-video output on the back of the video card?
You need to hook up one monitor to the DVI and one to the AGP. The nVidia drivers come with the needed software, nView.
If you are running CRT's then you will need a DVI to VGA adapter, ATI cards come with them =) I had a Geforce 4ti card, I had to buy an adapter, cost me like 20 bucks.
If you are running LCDs it should have a VGA or DVI output on the monitor itself, connect one monitor to the VGA and the other to the DVI.
Once connected boot up, isntall drivers if not installed already. Right click on your desktop>properties>settings, if you see two monitors that displays the resolution changes, then click on the one that is grayed it, there should be a check box saying 'stretch my desktop to this monitor' check it. There is also the nView configuration which can be accessed from Control Panel. Depending on what OS and card you have (specifically) things might be different.
Hope I helped..
January 14, 2003 11:34:07 PM

helped! heck boss..you are the MAN!

thanks a million, im gonna look at that option.

have you ever seen 2 video cards in one Computer? can i do that?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2003 1:42:27 AM

You can do up to 7 video cards on a system, but you'll never get them configured right. I've seen up to 4.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
January 15, 2003 1:49:46 AM

duAl
monitOrs

hahaha, i couldn't resist.

"There is no dark or light side, only power and those too weak to seek it."
January 15, 2003 2:06:41 AM

7!?! wow, Ive done 2 a few times...

14+ possible screens...

wow, think of that desktop

<font color=green>::: Sir, I'd like to return this cpu, it is dead.</font color=green> <font color=blue>::: Its not dead, its resting...</font color=blue>
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2003 3:18:24 AM

Imagine if Matrox made a PCI version of their latest card... 21 monitors.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
January 15, 2003 3:51:33 AM

THUMP

*faints at vision of 21 40" plasma screens running mechwarrior*

<font color=green>::: Sir, I'd like to return this cpu, it is dead.</font color=green> <font color=blue>::: Its not dead, its resting...</font color=blue>
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2003 5:14:16 AM

Hey, wow, if you turned them sideways and made a circle out of them, you could cofigure the game to display everything surrounding you and still have enough height to see floors and ceiling at full scale!

January 15, 2003 11:42:39 PM

Might be cheaper and no lines with a good projectors.

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad: 
!