Palm OS Developer Suite + POSE + ROM: eclipse launching er..

June 13, 2005 12:55:40 PM

Hello,

I just installed PODS (the Palm OS Developer Suite, AKA Eclipse
with Palm OS Support) on a new Windows XP computer. I also installed
POSE (the Palm OS Emulator) along with the ROMs found in the file
called PalmOS412_DbgROMs.zip which I downloaded directly from
palmsource.com site.

I then created a new "Managed Make 68K C/C++ Project" in PODS
and selected "Simple Application" in the "Project Code Generation"
wizard.
I leave every other option in its default state.

I then go to Run -> Run... -> Palm OS Application -> New_configuration
Under target, I select Palm OS Emulator. Then I get a popup window
that
says:

The selected Target Environment is being launched. Press OK when it is
being launched, or Cancel to stop the debug session. When I press OK I
get the following error message:

Launching (Error: Unable to launch Target Environment)

Unable to launch Target Environment:
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.MIException:
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.command.Command.throwMIException(Unknown
Source)
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.command.Command.getMIInfo(Unknown
Source)
com.palmsource.eclipse.palmoscore.internal.launch.PalmLaunchDelegate
.postCommand(Unknown Source)
com.palmsource.eclipse.palmoscore.internal.launch.PalmLaunchDelegate
.launchForRunning(Unknown Source)
com.palmsource.eclipse.palmoscore.internal.launch.PalmLaunchDelegate
.launch(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:569)
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:788)
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:955)
org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)

[...]

Anyone know where the problem with this configuration is and how
it might be possible to fix it?

Thanks,

Neil
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 6:35:23 AM

On 2005-06-13, Neil Zanella <nzanella@cs.mun.ca> wrote:
> [...]
> Source)
> org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.command.Command.getMIInfo(Unknown
> Source)
> com.palmsource.eclipse.palmoscore.internal.launch.PalmLaunchDelegate
> .postCommand(Unknown Source)
> com.palmsource.eclipse.palmoscore.internal.launch.PalmLaunchDelegate
> .launchForRunning(Unknown Source)
> com.palmsource.eclipse.palmoscore.internal.launch.PalmLaunchDelegate
> .launch(Unknown Source)
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration
> .launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:569)
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin
> .buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:788)
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6
> .run(DebugUIPlugin.java:955)
> org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)

> Anyone know where the problem with this configuration is and how

Check the following:
In PODS main window select Window->Preferences.
In the left pane of the Preferences window expand
'Palm OS Development' and select 'Target Environment Settings'.
In the right pane expand Emulator and select 'Palm OS Emulator'.
Make sure the Emulator Path points to wherever you have installed
Emulator.exe.
Note that PODS by default installs the emulator, so maybe you have
a conflict between multiple Emulator installations.
Also check that IP Address is 127.0.0.1 and Port Number is 2000.

An other common problem is that firewalls can block the TCP/IP conncection
from Eclipse to the Emulator.

HTH

Ton van Overbeek
!