maximum pc geforce FX benchmarks

G

These benchmarks are from Maximum PC, and are displayed in the newest issue of PC Gamer. Just thought some of you benchmark freaks would be interested.

Keep in mind the card and drivers were early beta versions. Sorry if these are old, but they are REAL.

All tests done with Pentium4 3Ghz System. All tests ran at 1600X1200, 32bit color, 2X AA.

Quake III----- FX: 209fps-------R9700pro: 147fps
UT2003-------- FX: 140fps-------R9700pro: 119fps
3DMark2001SE(Nature)----- FX: 41fps--------R9700pro: 45fps

I dunno which one of the FX models was tested, but I'm kinda dissapointed in the 3DMark Score. I've got a feeling the 9700pro came really close or beat FX at a bunch of other tests not released. I hope the real card+drivers do better cuz these tests are from December most likely.

-I'm not stupid, I'm just big-boned!-

vacs

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
those benchmarks are now over a month old and have been presented in many different formats (tables,cleartext, graphs...) on many different websites.

Those benchmarks have been conducted by NVIDIA and no one other, so please take them with a grain of salt... or much better wait for real benchmarks of real retail cards coming anytime very soon (1-2 weeks)...

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
no those benchmarks were run by maxpc. It came in an alienware rig, but they were restricted by nvidia to just those benchmarks. Basically they could not do anything bandwidth intensive.
<A HREF="http://www.maximumpc.com/features/feature_2003-01-03.html" target="_new">http://www.maximumpc.com/features/feature_2003-01-03.html</A>

<font color=blue> If it ain't broke, don't fix it...tweak it.</font color=blue>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yup, confirmed by MaximumPC. Read it too. Seems nVidia allowed them to run the same tests under the same configuration and guess what, same results. Seems like confirmation. I'm surprised about the 3DMark2001 results though.

<b>99% is great, unless you are talking about system stability</b>

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
<b>Vacs:</b> Those aren´t the same that nvidia conducted at the GFfx launch, but nVidia did supervise the tests.

nVidia confirmed that the MaximumPC results are real at Comdex, yesterday.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>

G

okay, so they're somewhat new. I guess we should all just wait until Tom's HW or someone NOT supervised by Nvidia runs some tests.

-I'm not stupid, I'm just big-boned!-

Fallen

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
It seems rather shocking that people would doubt the performance of the Geforce FX. It WILL be better than the R9700 pro, but in a few months ATI will have something better to combat it with. This is how hardware works; there are constant improvements by the two lead competitors to try and gain the upper hand. Both compaines make killer equipment, and I have never been let down by the newest technologies.